- all dogs 3 months or older must be licensed. Licence fees are $14 for a male dog or sterilised female dog, & $70 for entire or unsterilised females. There is an initial one-off registration fee of $6.50 for all new applications.
- the licence tag must be attached to the collar.
- the dog licence must be renewed yearly (renewal can be done at post offices and Centre for Animal Welfare Control (CAWC)).
- private premises are allowed to have up to 3 dogs - if you wish to keep more than 3, written permission is required from the Director-General of the Agri-food & Veterinary Authority.
- HDB premises are allowed only one dog of an approved breed.
- all dogs must be properly leashed and controlled in a public place. Category A & B dogs must also be muzzled whilst in public.
- CAWC must be informed if there is a change of ownership, change of address or if the animal has been lost or has died.
- dogs should not be allowed to cause nuisance (excessive barking, defaecating in public places, biting, chasing cars etc.) or the licence may be revoked or renewal disallowed.